A beautiful confident smile is desired by all.
Often one wishes to attain that perfect smile but is sceptical to undertake the treatment procedure, for not being able to visualize his or her treatment outcome. But with advancement in digital dentistry this is now possible with the help of the Digital smile designing (DSD) tool.
DSD is a technical tool which is used to design and modify the smile of patients digitally and help them to visualize it beforehand by creating and presenting a digital mock-up of their new smile design before the treatment physically starts. It helps in visual communication and involvement of the patients in their own smile design process, thus ensuring predictable treatment outcome and increasing case acceptance.
So DSD is not an invasive procedure
- It begins with clicking full-face (portraits) photographs with the help of a good quality camera.
- Intra-oral pictures are also clicked.
- These pictures are then fed to the DSD software. The required changes like shape, size, colour and repositioning of tooth/teeth can be done.
- The patient is equally involved in the procedure as the dentist by suggesting any specific modification that he/she wishes to have.
- Viola! Your digital smile makeover will be ready! So that’s how you see your new smile makeover even before the actual treatment has begun.
- Digital smile designing not only boosts up the confidence of the patient for getting the treatment done but also builds a positive relation between the patient and the dentist. We, at The Dental Roots, aim to give you the best, by the best.