Early childhood is the prime time to establish a healthy lifestyle. It is essential to integrate oral hygiene into the general health habits of children from the beginning so they are conscious of their dental care. One place for the dental needs of your entire family. Visit The Dental Roots for a full family dental care consultation!
Tooth decay is commonly increasing in Indian children as more than half of 6 years old are having tooth decay in baby teeth or adult teeth. Tooth decay not only destroys a tooth but also causes crowding problems in adult teeth at a later stage. Thus, it is vital to care for your child’s teeth from as early as they start teething
Start Caring at an Early Age
- Brushing teeth twice a day with circular motions.
- Praise your child for brushing their teeth as it will instill confidence in the child.
- Replace your child’s toothbrush every 3 months.
- Supervise them in flossing until they are 10 and demonstrate the process yourself
Regular Dental Visits and Motivate Children to have Dental Check-Ups
Develop Healthy Eating Habits
- They should develop a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, meats, and dry fruits to ensure healthy teeth for children.
- Minimize the sugar intake like chocolates, cookies, toffees, etc.
- Avoid giving fast-food very often
Making Oral Hygiene a Routine Habit Among Children
Oral health is not much different from the rest of our bodies. Get regular dental checkups at The Dental Roots.