Smile is not just about lips but also includes teeth and gums behind it. Many of us are not blessed with a perfect smile, but the good news is that there is no need to be disheartened anymore. Once the hallmark of famous stars, Smile Makeover is now easily accessible to each one of us. Smile makeover is a technique for improving the smile with the help of few easy cosmetic procedures like laminates, ceramic crowns, teeth whitening, enamel recontouring, minor orthodontics, laser gum depigmentation, gum recontouring, and many more.
- Dental laminates and veneers in dentistry are custom-made shells of tooth colored materials like porcelain or resin composite materials. They are designed to cover the front surface of the tooth, minimum tooth preparation is required. They are used when patient has discolored, chipped, uneven or irregularly shaped (e.g. with craters) or when there is gap between the teeth.
- Ceramic crowns are most popular type of crowns which are generally closest to a natural looking tooth. Ceramic or porcelain crowns are the preferred option for anterior teeth which have undergone a restoration (e.g. RCT). Teeth with weak structure and post anterior implant procedure, they are also covered by ceramic crowns. Tooth preparation involves reducing the size of the tooth with dental burs so that the crown can fit the tooth from all sides.
- Professional teeth whitening or bleaching can get your smile looking its best. Whitening is a one-time procedure performed by a dentist. It is amongst the most common and widely adopted cosmetic procedure. At The Dental Roots, we use the Philips ZOOM WhiteSpeed, the #1 patient requested whitening brand. It relatively inexpensive and most effective way to enhance a faded smile in just 1 hour.
- Enamel recontouring or reshaping is a procedure in which a small amount of tooth enamel is removed to change tooth’s length, shape or surface. When there is fixing of small chips or slightly irregular tooth surface, enamel recontouring is preferred. It is also performed to make the bite even. This is the most conservative cosmetic treatment; the whole procedure is quite painless and shows an immediate result.
- Minor orthodontics is a fast treatment approach to give you the perfect smile in a limited time. This procedure is useful when there is minimal tooth movement required. For such simple tooth movement, the appliances are also simple. The whole procedure ends in few months than years. They are usually used to fix minor gaps, crowding or overlap present in anterior teeth. They are also used to reposition the tooth which has shifted following orthodontic treatment.
- Color of gums play a crucial role in aesthetics of a smile. Normal color of a gum should be coral pink, but due to deposition of melanin gums appear to be darker. Several lifestyle factors like smoking tobacco, several medications or amalgam tattoo could also be the reason for darker gums. Gum depigmentation with the help of lasers is a minimally invasive procedure where the laser energy is used. Laser causes less bleeding, post opt complications like pain, swelling and infection are also less compared to surgical techniques.
- Gum recontouring is a procedure which involves cutting or recontouring the excess gums around the teeth, if there is gum recession, then the treatment involves restoring gum tissues.
Get A Hollywood Smile Makeover at The Dental Roots. We start with a clinical assessment of your teeth and gums followed by professional photographs and videos. Digital and 3D smile designing is done to give you the smile of your choice. A smile makeover of this accuracy and class would only be available at a handful of international level dental hospitals and The Dental Roots is one of them.
With the expertise of Dr. Dheeraj Setia, one of the best dentists in Gurgaon, your dental problems will be treated by providing you with the best and most satisfying results. With two luxurious dental clinics in Gurgaon and South Delhi, Dr Setia has fulfilled his vision of bringing state-of-the-art technology with the best techniques in the field of aesthetic dentistry to India. He along with his team of experienced dentists believe in giving each of our patients the best possible smile.