Maryland Bridge in Gurgaon and New Delhi
Maryland Tooth Bridge is one of the finest tooth replacement options for those who have lost one or two consecutive teeth in New Delhi and Gurgaon. Irrespective of the tooth decay causes and reasons, you would still be able to restore your smile after going for a Maryland bridge procedure. You can even cover your front teeth via Maryland bridge front tooth replacement. There are many Maryland bridge pros and cons and one of the best pros is their affordability. It means you have to pay a very little Maryland tooth bridge cost as compared to other front tooth replacement options.
A Maryland dental bridge is a type of permanent dental bridge that can replace a missing tooth. It is a special type of dental bridge that has metal wings on its sides that are attached to the back of the neighboring teeth with a composite resin to provide a seamless smile. As simple as you like. Unlike traditional dental bridges, there won’t be any healthy enamel removal and other complex sub-procedures are involved during the Maryland dental procedure; that’s why it is almost an instant method to replace missing teeth as compared to other dental procedures. It got its name from the University of Maryland, USA.
The concept is similar to that of a typical dental bridge. Our prosthodontist, Dr. Priyanka will attach the prosthetic tooth to the teeth on either side of the gap to create a seamless smile.
Maryland Bridge Procedure
The implant procedure to place a Maryland bridge is simple. It is a generally quick and non-invasive procedure that shouldn’t require too many trips to our dental bridge specialist aka prosthodontist.
During the procedure, we will:
- Make a mold so that our dental laboratory can make your customized bridge
- Lightly etch the back of your adjacent teeth to help improve the bonding surfaces
- Apply a bonding resin to the back of each adjacent tooth
- Place the bridge’s metal wings to the bonding resin on the back of each tooth, fitting the new tooth in the gap
- Cure the resin to secure the dental bridge in place
According to a study and also Dr. Setia’s experience with his patients, Maryland bridges may last up to 10-20 years varying from person to person. If we compare Maryland tooth bridge cost for 20 years to other dental procedures for tooth replacement. Maryland bridges are cost-effective.
Maryland Bridges vs. Traditional Dental Bridges in Gurgaon and New Delhi
- A traditional dental bridge requires our dentist to shave down some of the enamel on the adjacent teeth. A Maryland dental bridge does not.
- Our prosthodontist must remove some healthy tooth enamel to place a typical dental bridge. This permanently affects the intact teeth to which it attaches.
- A Maryland dental bridge has thin metal “wings” that attach to the back of your teeth. The prosthodontist at The Dental Roots will bond that metal framework from the false tooth to the supporting teeth with a composite resin.
- Typical dental bridges are common. A Maryland bridge is not a tooth replacement option for everyone. They are best if you have good oral hygiene and healthy existing teeth.
Dr. Setia and his team of dental experts in New Delhi or Gurgaon may only recommend a Maryland bridge for someone who meets these criteria and needs one or two missing front teeth replaced.
Pros and Cons of Maryland Bridges
Like all dental procedures, there are pros and cons to Maryland bridges. You should consider these before undergoing the procedure:
- Non-invasive and low-risk
- Can be done quickly with minimal preparation
- Offer instant results
- Cost-effective compared to other dental procedures
- Don’t require the dental specialist to remove healthy tooth enamel
- Don’t permanently alter healthy, adjacent teeth
- Give you a seamless smile
- Hygienic and allow you to brush and floss
- Generally, lasts a long time
- May not be feasible for all teeth (such as molars in the back of the mouth)
- May need to be rebonded every five to eight years
- Bonding on Maryland bridge wings may cause adjacent teeth to darken (teeth whitening may be an option to combat this)
- Can cause tooth decay if not cleaned properly
- May not perfectly match your natural teeth
- You are only a good candidate with good oral hygiene and no tooth decay
- Not suitable if you are missing more than two teeth
Cost of Maryland Dental Bridges in Gurgaon and New Delhi
Maryland bridge cost is almost a quarter when we compare it to typical dental implant-based tooth bridges. On the other hand, replacement tooth cost in Maryland is way higher than this. Its cost-effectiveness tops the Maryland bridge's pros and cons. That’s why most people prefer the Maryland bridge procedure, especially for the front teeth.
Maryland dental bridges are preferred among all tooth replacement options if 2 or 3 teeth are missing; however, they are not recommended for everyone. Only a few people qualified for this treatment who don’t have any tooth decay problems and they have a very strict hygiene routine too. It is a cost-effective method as it would save you 75% of the amount if you are eligible for it. Maryland bridge front teeth are an ideal solution as it doesn’t need extra preparations and they don’t require any enamel removal, so they provide a seamless smile instantly; however, the same Maryland tooth bridge would not give as much strength as the metallic implant-based dental bridges would provide. So, it is not suggested for a missing molar.
Now searching ‘dental Maryland bridges near me’ is easier as we have got three branches in Delhi-NCR, near you. (Panchsheel Park-South Delhi, Sushant Lok- DLF Gurgaon, and Tata Primanti-Sohna Road). ‘Dental Maryland bridges in South Delhi’, ‘dental Maryland bridges in Gurgaon’, our team of experts headed by Dr. Dheeraj Setia, in all our branches, use their experience, talent, and professionalism to create beautiful and healthy smiles.