What is Tooth Bonding?
Teeth bonding, or dental composite bonding, is a cosmetic dental procedure used to improve the appearance of teeth and restore a beautiful smile. A composite resin, which is a hard plastic material, is applied to the tooth and hardened with a curing ultraviolet light. The material used is tooth-coloured, and it’s the same material used in composite dental fillings. It blends with your other teeth to produce a natural-looking, aesthetic appearance.
Some ways tooth bonding can improve your smile are:
- Repair decayed teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Change the shape of teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Close gaps between teeth
- Recolour stained teeth
Our tooth-bonding dentists can help you develop an effective treatment plan that will help you regain and maintain your smile.
For composite bonding, South Delhi and Gurgaon residents trust the artistry and skill of our cosmetic dentists at The Dental Roots. Teeth bonding is a fast and effective way to address minor imperfections.
A Painless Cosmetic Solution for a Smile you’ll Love
Reasons to Choose Composite Filling
The cosmetic dentists at The Dental Roots, New Delhi and Gurgaon have chosen to offer only porcelain fillings because of their many benefits:
- Same colour as your teeth
- Look like a natural part of your teeth
- Durable bond with the tooth enamel
- Preserves more natural tooth structure than metal fillings
- Not as vulnerable to leaking and breaking as metal fillings
Metal fillings are made of an amalgam of metal and they contain low levels of mercury, a substance that is known to be toxic when ingested or inhaled. Many of our patients do not want any mercury materials in their mouths. Porcelain fillings are made of a composite resin that does not contain any mercury. They also have a natural, lifelike appearance that does not stand out when you smile, laugh, or speak.
The Dental Bonding Process
- The first stage of the dental bonding procedure is to select a shade of composite material that best matches the colour of the tooth to be bonded and those on either side of it.
- Having chosen the colour and prepared the tooth, we will apply the putty-like material and mould and smooth it into shape. Next, the soft bonding material is hardened using a painless laser.
- Once the tooth bonding materials have hardened, we will then make final cosmetic adjustments to it and polish it so that it neatly matches the look and texture of your teeth.
- A tooth can normally be bonded in a single 30–60-minute visit to our dental clinic in Panchsheel Park, south Delhi, Sushant Lok, and Tata Primanti, Gurgaon. The bonding of multiple teeth will take longer and may be best spread over multiple visits.
- The lifespan of dental bonding is typically 5-10 years, after which touch-ups or a replacement may be needed. We can handle the entire process of tooth bonding in Panchsheel Park, south Delhi, Sushant Lok, or Tata Primanti, Gurgaon.