Everyone is extremely careful before choosing any doctor for oneself or for any family member. We here today will give you some tips to help you choose a dental implantologist and prepare yourself for dental implants.
To start with, Dental implants are a root analog used by dentists to replace a missing tooth. They are made of titanium which is an extremely biocompatible material and has no known allergic reactions. A dental implant can be used to replace an individual tooth or to provide fixed support to complete dentures. Putting dental implants is a pain-free procedure wherein the implant is just tapped in your bone. The crown or artificial tooth is then put over the implants. The implant put forms a firm anchorage in the bone around it. This is called osseointegration. The success rate of an implant depends on the level of osseointegration.
Depending on the bone health and other factors, an implant takes around 3 to 4 months to get a good grip in the jaw. During this time, a temporary prosthesis can be put for the patient’s comfort.
Why choose implants over bridges?
- Aesthetics and comfort: Dental Implants have a superior hand when looking for good looking teeth that feel like your own. They maintain your bone health just like your natural teeth.
- Conservative and effective treatment: A bridge, though a good option in the fixed prosthesis, has its own cons. A bridge takes the support of adjacent teeth to fill in the missing tooth. The adjacent teeth are therefore grinded to fit a bridge. An implant is a self-suffice treatment and does not harm the surrounding teeth.
- Immediate treatment to diseased teeth: Dental implants can be used to replace a grossly decayed tooth immediately after extraction. Immediate replacement saves patient’s time and double exposure to anesthesia and antibiotics.
Steps involved in Implant procedure:
At The Dental Roots, a leading dental clinic in South Delhi, we make sure the patient is kept well informed and prepared before the procedure. Dr. Dheeraj Setia takes the patient through the following sequence
- Patient Pre-treatment Appointment: The first appointment goals to carefully evaluate the oral cavity. The implantologist examines with the bone condition and runs a few x-rays to gauge the availability of good bone. The patient is counselled and explained about the treatment plan and dental implant cost.
- Treatment Appointment: Dental Implant placement is an intriguing procedure. The surgical set up is done and a dental implant is placed in the bone according to the width and length of the patient’s bone. One implant placement takes 15-20 mins only. Patient is recalled after one week for check-up and suture removal.
- Prosthetic treatment Appointment: once the dental implant osseteoingrates after 3 months, the patient is recalled for putting a crown. A post or an abutment is placed over the implant which acts as a connecting link between crown and implant.
Dr. Dheeraj Setia is acknowledged as the best dentist in South Delhi especially for dental implants. Schedule an appointment with our dentist today for dental implants in South Delhi.