Laser dentistry is the use of lasers to treat different dental problems. At The Dental Roots, we pride ourselves on remaining updated with the latest technologies to offer you the best in dental services. The use of lasers is truly a revolutionary step for dentistry.
As a generic term, Laser is an acronym for “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”, it creates a light energy into a very small and focused beam. For dentistry, two types of lasers are commonly used- hard tissue lasers and soft tissue lasers.
Laser Dentistry is used in a lot of Procedures, Including:
- Cavity detection
- Tooth preparation
- Treating tooth sensitivity
- Treating gummy smiles
- Crown lengthening
- Removing the oral benign tumor
- Teeth whitening
- Temporomandibular joint pain relief
Benefits of Dental Laser Treatment Include:
- With soft tissue laser, the need for suturing the area reduces
- There is better visualization of cutting due to minimum bleeding
- The laser sterilizes the area and thus there is less chance of infection
- Healing is faster and tissue regeneration is possible
- The procedure causes minimal wound contraction and scaring
- Anesthesia becomes unnecessary in a few of the cases
Disadvantages of Laser Treatment Include:
- Laser treatment cannot be used on teeth with certain procedures already a done-metal amalgam
- Hard tissue laser can injure tooth pulp
- Some procedures require anesthesia
- There is a risk of gum injuries
What are the risks associated with Laser Dentistry?
Risks associated with dental laser treatment are relatively small. It is important to find a qualified professional dentist. Power, wavelength, and duration of use should be kept in check while performing the treatment, today’s lasers have many built-in safeguards to help prevent accidental damage so there is minimal risk. Dentists provide you with eye protection glasses which have to be worn throughout the procedure.
Cost of Laser Treatment in India
Dentists in India provide you with unparalleled and affordable laser treatments. Prices vary from Rs. 1000 - Rs. 30,000 depending on the type of treatment done and the laser equipment being used. They make dental treatment comfortable, more efficient, cost-effective, and long-lasting, as long as the patient obeys to doctor’s advice and takes care of his/her teeth.
Why Choose Us?
The Dental Roots is the best dental clinic in Gurgaon and South Delhi. We believe in providing you with high-quality, painless dental treatments. We have thereby introduced cutting-edge technology in our arsenal: Sirolaser Blue. Our clinic is one of the few in India and the first in Delhi-NCR to house this equipment.
The Sirolaser Blue laser uses a narrow, intense beam of light to repair dental tissues. The light produced can be used in a plethora of dental procedures. Our state-of-the-art technology, a team of expert dentists, and futuristic infrastructure assure the utmost comfort for every patient that walks into the clinic.