A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made up of titanium, which allows them to integrate with bone without being recognized as a foreign object in our body. It is placed in our jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth thereby offering the most realistic, long lasting solution for the restoration of functionality of your smile.
All-on-4 is a total rehabilitation of edentulous patients. This involves placing 4 implants in each jaw. Bone grafting can be avoided by utilizing the available jawbone and by tilting the posterior dental implants. This procedure guarantees immediate restoration of function and aesthetics
When a tooth is lost, along with eating and speaking difficulties bone resorption is also seen. When your jaw does not have enough bone to support the necessary number of implant post, All-on-4 implant system is used. The Dental Roots provides the best dental implant in India with over 2000 successful dental implant procedures.
The procedure for implants placement is as follows:
- With a team of highly qualified dentists a detailed treatment plan is made which includes examining your oral cavity followed by taking a CBCT image and an OPG of your jaw to see the quality of the bone and nerve around the area of interest.
- After this, the dental implant procedure involves preparing the jawbone by drilling a hole which is deep enough for the implant to be placed properly, like a root. Sometimes, when the bone is not strong or adequate, a bone graft is placed to support the dental implant. The entire procedure is done under local anesthesia which makes it painless and comfortable.
- Occasionally, extraction of tooth is followed by immediate placement of implant in the fresh socket. This is less strenuous for the patient as they undergo two procedures in a single sitting. After the implant is put in place the area is sutured and an impression is taken of your jaws for getting the perfect replica of your tooth.
- A healing period of about 3 to 6 months is required for osteointegration to take place. In coming appointments, X-ray is taken to check whether you are ready for further treatment.
- In the next step, the dentist will re-open the wound to attach the abutment to the dental implant. A temporary crown is placed over the abutment for 4 to 6 weeks. This crown is softer than the permanent crown which helps in cushioning the implant and allows the gum around the abutment to heal.
- In the following stages the dentist will make the permanent crown to look exactly like natural teeth. All elements like texture, color and anatomy is taken into consideration. Impression of mouth is taken to get the perfect shape of the crown.
- Before placing the permanent crown, another X-ray is taken to see the status of your implant and the surrounding bone. For multiple implants, you are also given the option of placing a detachable or cemented denture over the implant. After placement of crown, post-implant instructions are given by the dentist.
Dr. Dheeraj Setia and his team of best implantologist in Delhi and Gurgaon will provide you with pain-free and affordable dental implants. The cost of a dental implant in India ranges from 30,000 to 50,000 rupees depending on the type of procedure. The dentist will guide you through the post treatment care instructions to ensure speedy recovery. Contact The Dental Roots for appointments in Gurgaon and South Delhi.